Hello! today I have something very different to show you for the Demon Lovers challenge…..
For this make I decided to make something other than a card, and made this creepy coffin box instead!
Dead flowers from Samaflora
polyester lace trim
Tim Holtz vintage photo ink
double sided pearlised A4 card (2 Sheets)
Skull and crossbones paper from Delicious Darkness (from Teri, the creator of Delicious Doodles images)
Promarkers – cocoa, henna, cinnamon, tan, putty, ivory, satin, cool grey one
Anita’s tacky glue
Hot glue gun
I made the coffin box using my Brother Scan ‘N’ cut and a treat box cut file that I made larger until one half of the box filled an A4 page. I assembled this and using the bottom of the box as a template, cut the skull and crossbones paper to size.
The image I coloured in sepia tones, and cut down to fit on the top of the coffin – the outsides were antiqued using vintage photo stain on a foundation brush… without having an ink pad, I just patted my dabber topped ink onto a plate until there was plenty of ink to transfer to my brush. I also distressed the coffin using this technique.
The ‘lace’ was submerged into a cup of strong coffee for a couple of hours and then left until nearly dry. at this point, I used my heat gun on it, in some places holding it very close so the fibres blackened and melted , leaving ragged holes, and adding to the feel of decay
I attached this around the edge of the coffin lid using a hot glue gun, then glued the image in place, and then arranged and glued the dead flowers made for me specifically or this project , again with my hot glue gun..
If spooky is your thing, I hope you love this!