Hi there everyone! it’s been another grey and foggy day here today, so a perfect day for something to make you feel a lot more summery ( I can’t wait for Summer, hurry up, won’t you?)
I decided to play with a Some Odd Girl stamp this evening, one from the haul I got way back when in December (ok so its not that long ago, but it somehow feels so much longer ago!)
This stamp set is so cute, with two sentiments, and some patterned clouds, along with the Mae stamp in her gorgeous dress.
I also thought it was about time, I used some of the My Minds Eye papers I picked up when we were visiting Rugby the week before Christmas- they were an early present to myself, along with a santoro Gorjuss stamp that I’ve not managed to get on a card yet either!
the papers I pulled out of the pack I think work awesomely together, I love the mix of patterns ad for once I’ve managed to pick out pretty much all the colours in them, in my colouring!
I used the cloud stamps in the backing to the image, and stamped the sentiment over the top of them towards the bottom… to create the layers using the label die, I embossed then cut around the raised area, and then cut again in black .
the image was fussy cut, and the bottom part is popped up with 3D foam pads…
I’ve also indulged myself by using some of the SOG bambo twine, and my Q & C Jelly dots! I left the embellishment at that, though, because I really liked how the card looked, and didn’t want to ruin it, by adding too much to it.
- Copics – E000, E00, E21,E11, E04, R20 (skin) E29, E25,E21, BG49, BG15, BG 13 (hair) BG49, BG15 , BG 13 , BG 11, dress and flip flops (C1 and Woo used as shading on white areas)
- blue jelly dots from Queen and Co
- not quite navy ink pad from stampin’ up (clouds)
- versafine onyx black ink pad (sentiment)
- Memento tuxedo balck ink pad (image)
- pink, white, black cardstock from papermill direct
- white colouring cardstock from that craft place
- DSP -Stella & Rose by Jen Allison for My Minds Eye
- Pink bamboo twine from Some odd girl
- 3D foam pads
- Spellbinders labels 34
I’d love to enter this card in:
- Crafting By Design ATG
- Crafty Gal’s corner ATG
- Fab’n’ Funky challenges – something new
- mod squad challenge blog- ombre
- Simon Says stamp – something new
- Sweet Stamps ATG
- Lemon Shortbread challenge blog
- Crafting from the heart ATG
- Craft Your Passion ATG
- come and get it challenges -something new