Hi there everyone! hope you are having a good day! it’s been a manic one here in the wilds of Rutland, with my husband recovering from a minor surgery, and the kids squabbling like crazy.. add a mother in law to the mix, and yea… hopefully you will understand why i’m a bit late getting my post out to you!
I have a birthday card for you today, using ‘birthday surprise’.. I didn’t intentionally set out to make a birthday card to show you, but this image is FANTASTIC for what I was practising on- adding translucency to coloured images!
the image used is ‘birthday surprise‘ from Karleigh Sue digis and I’m sure the surprise is what clothing she has left after letting all the balloons go!
yup- plenty of shiny balloons, which although still pretty cute coloured without looking at how they relate to each other, and colouring accordingly, look awesome when you show some of the colours behind them, don’t they? I’ll try to bring you a more in depth tutorial later on this month for the technique.. it looks daunting and scary, but in reality it’s not so difficult!
- copics – E000, E00, E21, E11, E04 (skin) N8,N6,N4,N2 E21 (tights and shoes)
- E29,E25,E21 (hair) YG17,YG25,YG23 (green balloons) BG07,BG05,BG02 (blue balloons and eyes) Y17,Y15,Y11 (yellow balloons) R56,R37,R35 (red balloons and lips)
- sentiment stamp from Paper smooches – birthday sampler set
- birthday themed papers- the birthday wishes stack by DCWV
- balloon die (free from a magazine)
- twine- Some Odd Girl
- 3D foam tape
- bling dots
- and buff cardstock from papermill direct
have a good day everyone!