Hi there! It’s been a little while since I posted as I have been sooo busy drawing and working on the website! but today, because it is caturday, I thought I’d share with you five awesome fur colouring techniques that I’ve rounded up from around the internet, and some of my favourite colourists and artists!
- This gorgeous teddy bear fur texture colouring tutorial by Jennifer Dove of Dove Art – medium- copics (but this can be applied to other types of markers too!)
- This Basic Fur Tutorial by Elaine Hughes, Marker Geek – shows you several ways to colour animals, including a technique utilising the blending pen to add texture!
- ArteconAles on Youtube’s fantastic video on drawing a kitten using prismacolor pencils! that fur is just AMAAAAYZING!
- Again in Pencils, (prismacolor and caran d’ache) Kirsty Partridge’s Fur colouring tutorial video
- and finally another basic fur tutorial showcasing several copic techniques from one of my very favourite artists, Kristy Dalman of Some odd Girl Stamps!
I hope you’ve enjoyed these tutorials, and that they have been some help to you!
if you’d like to practice these techniques, I’ve got a special discount code for you to get my ‘pug life’ colouring page at half price until the end of January!
your code is ‘PUGLIFE50OFF’
Hope you all have a great new year, and keep colouring 🙂