A clean and sparkly imple card made using Spectrum Noir Midas inks and Crafter’s companion dies and a 3D embossing folder

CAS card with Spectrum Noir Midas Inks


I recently grabbed some of the Midas metallic pigment inks from the Crafter’s Companion website.

I’ve never really played with pigment inks before, but the Antique Metals pack really looked pretty!

I decided to make a clean and simple card to test them out, using some of my other Crafter’s Companion bits and pieces.

A clean and sparkly imple card made using Spectrum Noir Midas inks and Crafter’s companion dies and a 3D embossing folder
A clean and sparkly imple card made using Spectrum Noir Midas inks and Crafter’s companion dies and a 3D embossing folder

first, I ran a piece of white stamping cardstock through my diecutting machine using the Isometric Cube 3D embossing folder.

Then, using a blending tool, I blended together stripes of all three inks.

Once everything is blended, it can be trimmed. As an extra touch, the edges can be distressed using the distressing tool, if you like!

The card then needs to be added to a matt layer- matt black was used in this card.

Adding a sentiment

Adding a sentiment always goes a long way to finishing a card in my eyes!

The sentiment is your choice- here I went with a simple ‘hello’ from the ‘loving thoughts’ rubber stamp set. I stamped it using the Finesse alcohol proof ink.

This too was cut to size, and the edges distressed, before adhering to the first layer with red line tape.

Flowers and flourishes

I have been playing with rolled flowers recently, and had one sat on the side that I had made with the threaders peony die.

Yes, it is a ‘fabric’ die but is just as pretty when cut in paper!

I decided to use it in conjunction with the Flourishing vines dies from the Garden Peony collection which are SO pretty and one of my new favourites!

A happy accident

My blending tool took a swan dive into my cup of coffee, with the silver foam pad on it! My coffee was sparkly, and the foam was sopping wet!

I grabbed the closest paper to hand to wipe it off on, which happened to be a piece of watercolour card…

The ink took on a totally new look when wet, but once dry was so pretty and shiny! ( i suggest spritzing with water instead of using coffee, though)

Finishing touches

from the inked piece of card i diecut the flourish with leaves on TWICE.

The first, I put above where I wanted the flower to go, the second I cut some pieces off.

once my flower was in place using 3D glue, I nestled the leaves and the curl in place.

The finished card front was ready to add to a card blank- which was cut from a 12×12 piece of white card so I could have the fold along the short edge.

See you all soon!

Rachel xoxo


About rachel Gillham

I'm a twenty something mad cat lady, with a rescue cat and a passion for all things crafting... You can often find me tinkering with one or other of my machines, making cards, vinyl decals for items, or doodling quietly.

Leave a Reply

avatar
  Subscribe  
Notify of